Introduction to Pigmently
As artists ourselves, we know how important it is to have access to pure and reliable colorants for your resin crafts. That's part of why we started Pigmently. We wanted there to be a place where an artist of any skill level could acquire the tones they needed to really make their creations exceptional.
What is Resin Art?
For those who are unfamiliar, resin art is a craft in which you use epoxy resin to create works of self-expression. There's no other limitation, so the range of resin art is incredibly diverse—coasters and trays, bar tops and tables, paintings, jewelry, and so much more all fall under the umbrella of resin art.
Epoxy resin, in turn, is a plastic material that is typically separated as two different components. When these components are combined, a chemical reaction occurs, causing them to meld and harden into an ultra-strong material with a glasslike appearance. Because of its initial liquid form, epoxy resin can be used to create finishes and art pieces that conform to almost any shape, whether by using a non-stick mold (e.g., silicone) or by being poured onto a substrate surface (e.g., wood) to which it will permanently bond.
Though resin art can be created with or without colorants, more often than not it incorporates some method of diffusing color within the resin, such as with mica powder pigments, alcohol inks, or epoxy resin dye.
Why Pigmently's Epoxy Resin Dye is Ideal for Resin Art
Choosing a good quality epoxy resin dye for your projects is essential to ensuring a vibrant, long-lasting result. At Pigmently, one of our specialties is epoxy resin dye.
Unlike the multi-toned textures of mica powder pigments, epoxy resin dyes imbue resin with a singular, uniform shade of color. This is perfect for those who want their resin to be colorful but don't want the inherent shimmering effect of mica pigments.
Take a look at some of the key features of Pigmently Epoxy Resin Dyes that make it the perfect choice for epoxy resin art:
- High Potency: Our dyes are concentrated, so a little goes a long way. You won't need much to achieve a strong color.
- Non-Fading: Pigmently dyes are resilient, and don't fade or soften due to light exposure.
- Easy to Use: Each dye is carefully formulated for a pure, easy dispersion. This means you won't have trouble blending it with your resin, regardless of past experience with this type of art.
- A Range of Hues: Pigmently Epoxy Resin Dyes are available in a wide range of colors, which can be applied together in different proportions to generate even more shades.
How to Use Epoxy Resin Dye in Your Art
Now that we have established why Pigmently's epoxy resin dye is excellent for resin art, let's discuss how to use it in your art projects.
The first step is to prepare your epoxy resin. Mix the resin and hardener according to the manufacturer's instructions, ensuring a perfect blend. Once your resin is ready, it's time to add the dye.
Applying our resin dye to your epoxy batch is straightforward. Simply add a small amount of the dye to your resin during the mixing phase and stir it in. Remember, the dye is highly concentrated, so start with a small amount and gradually add more until you achieve your desired color intensity.
Once the dye is thoroughly mixed into the resin, you can proceed to apply the resin as intended for your resin project. In most cases, this involves using a silicone mold or pouring it onto a substrate surface, such as a wooden table top.
Tips and Techniques for Using Epoxy Resin Dye
Using epoxy resin dye in your art is straight forward, but we do have a few tips to steamline the process:
- Always remember to mix your dye thoroughly into the resin. This ensures an even distribution of color and prevents any clumps or streaks in your artwork.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with different color combinations. Pigmently's wide range of epoxy resin dyes gives you the freedom to create a variety of hues and effects. Mix different dyes together to create custom colors, or layer different colored batches of resin to create depth and complexity in your artwork.
- Do your work in a well-ventilated area when using epoxy resin dye. While Pigmently's dyes are safe to use, it's always a good idea to ensure proper ventilation when working with resins.
Pigmently: Your Trusted Source for Premium Epoxy Resin Dye
Here at Pigmently, we're committed to bringing you only the best epoxy resin dye and epoxy resin. Our goal is to be a trustworthy, reliable place for you to obtain the supplies you need to create resin works that speak to your aesthetic goals and artistic style.
If you're ready to give resin art a shot, but aren't sure where to being, we recommend our Pigmently Bundles. These bundles are a cost-effective way to get the supplies you need for your project at a low price, perfect for experimenting with different crafting methods.Already know what you want? Then jump straight to our Epoxy Resin Dye Section where you can place an order today—you won't be disappointed!