Introduction to Epoxy Colors
Today we'll be talking about epoxy colors, i.e., colorants used to change the appearance of epoxy resin by seamlessly blending into a resin batch during mixing.
As art and craft enthusiasts, we're continually fascinated by the versatility of epoxy resin. For most variants, epoxy begins as two liquid components. When these components are combined, a chemical reaction occurs that causes them to harden into a glossy, rock-solid substance with a glasslike appearance.
Why to Choose Epoxy Colors by Pigmently
For years, Pigmently has been a front runner in the realm of epoxy colors. Our powder pigments are second to none in quality and ease of use, and our resin dyes are potent, vivid, and highly refined for consistent, reliable results.
At Pigmently, we know how important it is to have a trustworthy source of dependable epoxy colorants. That's why Pigmently was founded in the first place. We wanted there to be a place for artists and creators, regardless of experience, to obtain the colors they need with the quality they expect and deserve.
During production, Pigmently colorants are carefully created using well-refined formulas. We hold ourselves to strict standards of quality assurance, so you know that you're getting the best. We also use premium-grade ingredients in the creation of our epoxy colors to ensure potent, long-lasting products that won't fade and are easily mixed into epoxy resin.
Understanding Epoxy Colors: Mica Powder Pigments and Liquid Dyes
What are Mica Powder Pigments?
Mica powder pigments are natural minerals that are ground into a powdered form. They are known for their shimmering effect, making them perfect for projects that require a bit of sparkle. Pigmently's mica powders come in a variety of colors, and because they don't fully dissolve when blended into epoxy, they enable you to generate stunning effects in your resin projects.
Mica powder pigments are perfect when you want your resin to have an opaque, textured appearance. Most epoxy pigments will seem to impart several subtly different shades of the primary tone into the resin.
What are Liquid Resin Dyes?
Liquid dyes, on the other hand, are highly concentrated colorants that blend seamlessly as a singular tone with epoxy resin. They're perfect for achieving a transparent or translucent effect in your projects.
Each of the liquid resin dyes at Pigmently are made from high-quality ingredients, ensuring vibrant color and a smooth finish.
Don't be afraid to experiment with epoxy colors
Using mica powders and liquid dyes in your epoxy projects can be a lot of fun. They allow you to experiment with different colors and effects, adding depth and dimension to your creations.
How to Use Epoxy Colors in Your Projects
Using epoxy colors in your projects can be a satisfying endeavor. However, it requires a bit of planning and preparation.
- Choose the colors for your project. Pigmently offers a wide range of epoxy colors, giving you plenty of options to choose from.
- Mix the epoxy resin and hardener according to the manufacturer's instructions. Stir smoothly and without using much force to prevent air from being pulled into the mixture.
- Partway through, add the epoxy colors. We recommend starting with a small amount of color and gradually adding more until you achieve the desired shade. Remember, it's easier to add more color than to take it away.
- Finish mixing the epoxy thoroughly to ensure the color is evenly distributed. Again, be careful not to mix with too much force, as this can introduce bubbles into the epoxy, which can affect the final finish.
- Pour the epoxy. You can pour it into your mold or onto your surface. Allow the epoxy to cure fully before handling your project.
Tips and Tricks for Using Epoxy Colors
Here are a few tips that can help you get the most out of your epoxy colors and avoid issues.
- Always make sure to mix your epoxy resin and hardener thoroughly before adding the colors. This will ensure a smooth and even finish.
- Start with a small amount of color and gradually add more until you achieve the desired shade. A little goes a long way with Pigmently Epoxy Colors, which are highly potent.
- Be mindful of the curing time. Epoxy takes time to cure, and rushing the process can lead to unsatisfactory results.
- Don't be afraid to experiment. One of the best things about epoxy colors is the ability to mix and match different shades to create unique effects. So let your creativity run wild and have fun with it!
Pigmently: Your Trusted Source for Premium Epoxy Colors
At Pigmently, we're dedicated to being a trustworthy source of premium epoxy colors. To ensure each Pigmently colorant meets our high standards, we only allow top-notch ingredients to be used in our formulas. By not compromising on production, we're able to provide you with the quality you deserve.
In our store, we offer a vast array of vibrant and long-lasting colors that are perfect for all types of epoxy projects. If you're interested in a variety of epoxy colors, check out our Curated Bundles, which are a cost-effective way to try out a wide selection of different pigments and dyes.
Know exactly what colors you want? Just jump straight to our Pigments section, where you can place an order for any specific tone today.
Bring your resin art to life with Pigmently Epoxy Colors!